John is a dynamic and accomplished philanthropy executive with proven success in leading fundraising initiatives of various sizes, resulting in transformational gifts. He executes a range of annual and long-term development strategies and is passionate about bringing committed and connected community leaders to the table. John is a collaborative leader with expertise in leading governing boards to implement strategic fundraising plans, capture the organization’s vision, and build community relations to deepen donor relationships. He cultivates and nurtures productive relationships with donors, boards, professional advisors and community leaders.
Key career accomplishments:
• Senior executive with 17 years of professional fundraising experience, raising over $120 million.
• Successfully trained nonprofit governing boards on best practice fundraising techniques and facilitated their development and buy-in of fundraising plans.
• Spearheaded $12 million capital campaign for CHRISTUS St. Patrick Hospital through board leadership development, lead donor identification, cultivation and solicitation, and feasibility study.
• Created major giving initiative leading to local Dallas organization’s first $1 million gift.
• Developed third party supporting organization from zero to $1.4 million in four years.
• During one hospital sale recruited 11 new physicians to the facility, negotiated an exclusive inpatient provider arrangement with $3.5 million EBITDA, and maintained all employed physician practices.
• Developed new sleep service line, from business formation, concept, design, regulatory approval, fundraising the $500,000 start-up capital, construction and opening within eight months.
• Enhanced hospital unaided top of mind awareness from 52% to 66% through community marketing campaign.
• Crafted, tested, and implemented a multi-media communications plan for a $10 million endowment campaign. Campaign finished over $16 million.
• Led United Way of Longview (UW-Longview) board retreat and secured agreement on a new strategic direction for the organization, which resulted in the UW-Longview community information & referral service (211).
• Solicited the first five-figure gifts for the UW-Longview as board chair and established leadership giving program.
LinkedIn profile: www.linkedin.com/in/johngilchrist