Growing at 2 new profiles per second... yup another 2 just got added
If you learn to listen, you can uncover buying signals and large opportunities
This isn't myspace and a place for fluffy kitten videos. Your ideal clients hang out here.
Grow your network
Learn to connect and grow a community that you choose.
Connect with other business leaders, clients, partners, and maybe even capital partners.
“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
P.S. - The average CEO has 930 connections.
Create Engagement with your community
Learn to create content that attracts and engages your ideal audience and pulls them into a conversation with you...
Where else can you do that at scale?
My name is Josh and I have become an influencer on the LinkedIn platform....
Not because I wanted to, but out of survival. Being an entrepreneur has its ups and a ton of pivots.
I got really good at positioning myself and getting access to the types of people I needed to talk with.
I needed to connect with people who would invest in my business, become a client, and strategic partners who could work on large projects with me.
LinkedIn has become a valuable relationship builder for me.
Once I learned the fundamentals of building an audience, creating influence, and getting into conversations with the right people, I started to have more and more friends ask me for LinkedIn help...
So that is why I love teaching about the power of LinkedIn and strategic positioning to my community.
In a one hour video call I can walk you through my training which I swear will be a huge value to you and your business... Or I will do it for free.
What You Get
Here are some topics we can discuss... or you can ask questions about other LinkedIn topics
LinkedIn Personal Positioning Checklist
Profile & Settings - Your profiles are not resumes, they are a landing page to encourage a conversation
- Use vanity URL - https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshuabrucewilson/
- LION - LinkedIN Open Networker - Welcome connections from anyone and allow anyone to see your profile… why is this important? 7 degrees of separation theory… you may not be my ideal client but your brother or friend may be. When we engage socially I can get in front of your audience
- Remove anything that doesn’t fit the story you want to share
- Get the premium or navigator
Imagery - A picture is worth a thousand words… what does your headshot and supportive images say to your ideal customer?
- Background Image
- Supportive Images - You in action and image tone you use for your content
Headline - Your headline is like a subject line in an email… should I open it, keep reading, respond?
- Describes your personal value proposition
- Leverage “I do X for Y” format
Summary- Who are you and what can you do for me?
- Personal - You have 2,000 characters to create authority, credibility, curiosity, and clarity as to why your ideal client should have a conversation with you.
Experiences - share a story of what you did and learned at these different companies
- Tag company page
- 1,000 characters
Company Page - Just straight facts about your value proposition and ideal customer benefits
- Company page
- 1500 characters
Keywords - what keywords to you want to be known for or search by?
- Examples: author, thought leader, speaker, podcast, publishing, etc
- These will also serve as future hashtags
- Use the language and words that your ideal customer or partner will be searching
Ideal Customers - Who is your ideal customer? Notice how I didn’t say customers?
- Pick the main group or target and speak to them.
- What industries or types of companies do you want to work with?
- Who are the people you want to speak with at these companies?
- Questions to ask to help formulate your Ideal Customers
- What are their titles? Interests? Who do they follow? What content do they consume? Where do they hang out? What groups are they in? Who do they answer to? What are their pain points? What drives them? What platforms are they on?
Competition - Find people doing what you want to do or people you admire and see how they position themselves.
- R&D - No not research and development - Rip-Off & Duplicate. Take what you like and remove the rest
Recommendations and Endorsements - The smart way to brag
- Lift up your customers by endorsing and recommending them (when you do it 10 times you typically get 1 - 2 in return… law of reciprocity)
Content - (articles and posts) Case studies, examples of your work, interviews, brag about your customers, education, thought provoking updates, images, videos, everything you do should educate, inspire, or challenge your ideal client
- Tip - when you tag people correctly you get in front of their audience! #audiencehacking!
- Peacocking - celebrity status, authority building, and attraction marketing
Growth and Engagement - Hit the 500 club is first priority
- Once profile is up… turn on the gas. Address book, contact uploads, spreadsheets, lists etc
- CLAM method - Comment, Like, Ask for Connection, Message …. Do this for your ideal customers
- The Flow -
- Focus on 52 ideal clients at a time. Do 11 activities towards your ideal clients Mon - Fri (CLAM Method)
- Post at least 1 a day (see content for advice)
- Create at least 1 article per month