The Obstacle is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph
My two cent review –
Building a business is hard as junk! I remember when my wife and I just had a baby and I cashed out my pension to start a business and lost all of our money! I felt worthless and it was one of the toughest times in my life. I stood on a bridge in Jacksonville, Florida thinking about jumping off. The pressure was just too much for me.
Along my journey building businesses I have been robbed, lied to by friends and family, been rejected, made a fool of myself and my family, lost a ton of money, lost a loved one who was a business partner, moved cross state and cross country, and had many more struggles along the way….
The journey was tough but I became tougher and more valuable. What didn’t kill me made me stronger and now I can help a ton of people with what I have learned from my failures and successes.
The Obstacle is The Way helped me understand that the journey helps shape who we become. I love helping people and I am thankful for the challenges that have helped shape me.
Here are some quotes I loved from the book
- What stands in the way becomes the way
- Obstacles = opportunities
- Great individuals, like great companies, find a way to transform weakness into strength
- If I can’t solve this for myself, how can I at least make this better for other people?
- If you’re not humble, life will visit humbleness upon you
- You never want a serious crisis to go to waste
Get book here – http://amzn.to/2pBLnnS and then leave your comments below to start a discussion about what you loved or hated